Western Australia’s Coral Coast region begins less than two hour’s drive north of Perth at the extraordinary Pinnacles Desert and follows the Indian Ocean for more than 1,000 kilometres north along pristine coastline to the top of the Ningaloo Reef.
Widely regarded as one of Australia’s great road journeys and offering some of the countries’ most unique natural attractions, the Coral Coast is a year round holiday destination with its warm Mediterranean climate.
Getting round is easy with self–drive holidays becoming an increasingly popular way of exploring this amazing part of Australia. In particular motor home and caravan hire is popular as it offers a value for money holiday for couples and families alike.
There is a myriad of things to experience while travelling the Coral Coast and here are some of the highlights;
• Wander among thousands of unique golden limestone spires in the Pinnacles Desert
• Visit the stunning HMAS Sydney II Memorial overlooking the city of Geraldton
• Have a picnic amongst inland seasonal wildflowers, Coalseam Conservation Park is particularly good
• Admire dramatic scenery from lookouts along Kalbarri’s spectacular coastal and inland gorges
• Discover the world class wonders of Shark Bay along the Shark Bay World Heritage Drive
• Meet the wild but friendly Bottlenose dolphins of Monkey Mia
• Sample fresh produce along the Gascoyne Food Trail in Carnarvon, the food bowl of Western Australia
• Swim with giant whale sharks (Late March – late July) and manta rays in Exmouth or Coral Bay
• Go snorkelling, diving or sailing in the World Heritage listed Ningaloo Marine Park