The holidays are upon us and it’s time to get our wish list out. What could you wish for? For us, a road trip in a motorhome in Australia would be high on the list. As a travel-loving person, where would you go and what kind of gifts would really benefit you?
It can be difficult to decide on what you want for the holidays or where you would like to go for holiday destinations. With so many options to choose from, how do you pick the perfect one?
To help you out in preparing your wish-list, we have compiled our favorite little-known Australian destinations, as well as some gear that you would want to take with you.
Places to see:
- Rottnest-Rottnest isn’t as heard about as some other Australian destinations, but it’s definitely worth a visit. Home to the unique creature known as the Quokkas and picture-perfect beaches, it’s a place where you can enjoy a sunny vacation in a beautiful setting. From cycling from one place to the next to enjoying water fun, such as snorkeling and swimming, if you want to visit a special Australian location, visit Rottnest Island.
- Kalbarri National Park-This beautiful natural destination with breathtaking views isn’t as visited as some other Australian national parks, but it should be on your Christmas wish list as you tour Australia in a motorhome hire. From the beautiful rock formations and cliffs that tower above the ocean to rivers and exotic flora, there is beauty galore to be found at Kalbarri National Park. It’s a favorite for hikers and nature lovers alike. Keep an eye out for whales as you look out over the ocean—a spectacular experience, to be sure.
- Arnhem Land-If you’re searching for a wild Australian experience, make a point of visiting Arnhem Land. It’s a place that is rich in gorgeous landscapes and scenery, but also Aboriginal culture. You’ll be able to observe and appreciate the history and culture of this area while also having the opportunity to explore incredibly gorgeous spaces. For example, in Arnhem Land, you can visit places with cave paintings or museums, or explore rainforests and rivers.
- Eyre Peninsula-Eyre Peninsula is a place where you can go to enjoy nature at it’s finest. With the ocean to charm you and the national parks to entertain, those who love the beach and wildlife can have the best of both worlds. If you love the idea of adventure, Eyre Peninsula is a place that is well-known for being an excellent place for cage-diving with sharks or camping in a caravan in the great outdoors. It’s definitely worth a visit over the holidays.
Things you may want:
- A camera…a really good one. Travels are to be documented and when you are visiting a place as amazing as Australia, you will want to take great pictures. For this, you will need a great camera that is easy for a non-professional to use but one that take quality pics. Australia is rich in breathtaking scenery and you’ll want to capture the moment forever.
- A portable charger for phone, camera, and other techy equipment. If you decide to go for roughing it or spending a lot of time on treks and in the outdoors, you will want to make sure that your phone and camera are charged before setting out. This is where a portable charger becomes handy! You can charge your phone or camera while out and about so you won’t be left with a dead battery – or worse – needing to put a hold on your day to charge them up.
- A water-resistant backpack for multiple day bushwalks. If you’re into hiking or spending time outside, come rain or shine, you want to be sure to have a bag that keeps your valuables safe and sound, no matter what. A fabulous gift that you can put on your wish-list is a water-resistant backpack! This will keep everything safe, so you can focus on the scenery and not on your belongings.
- Camping hammock. A camping hammock is a fun thing to have with you as you go on a road trip. Whether you’ve found yourself at a gorgeous beach for some relaxing or you’re hiking through the Australian rainforest, a camping hammock can be an excellent option for taking a break. It can keep you safe from rough weather while providing you with a great place to nap. It could even be an alternative for those who may like the idea of camping instead of staying in more comfortable lodgings.
From beautiful destinations to convenient travel gear, the above list can help you get started wishing for the holidays. If you plan on spending this time of the year while road tripping in a motorhome hire, the above destinations are excellent options. Traveling with the above items will make your life and travel experience even more enjoyable.